31 January 2015
Kiz: ‘Got some GREAT pics in rehearsals today. One week to go!’
Sooze: ‘After an enjoyable night at the Keys & Kitchen yesterday, we thought we’d try it for coffee this morning. The coffee itself was OK but that’s the first and last time I go there in the daytime because:
- Cr*p seating (little metal stools, plus tat that was more ‘shabby’ than ‘shabby chic’ ).
- Two scampering small yappy dogs.
- Freezing cold (although staff did stoke the fire when they noticed the handful of customers were still all wearing their outdoor gear).
- Served by a man apparently still wearing his PJs (slubby grey trackie bottoms).
- Cr*p food: ‘toast’ was nutritionally pointless mass-produced sliced white, pre-spread and not even redeemed by the Bonne Maman jams accompanying it.
- Awful plinky hotel/lift muzak (think Bridge Over Troubled Waters).
It was so bad, we didn’t linger, instead nipping around the corner for a coffee at McKechnie’s.’