Kiz: ‘Got some GREAT pics in rehearsals today. One week to go!’
Sooze: ‘After an enjoyable night at the Keys & Kitchen yesterday, we thought we’d try it for coffee this morning. The coffee itself was OK but that’s the first and last time I go there in the daytime because:
- Cr*p seating (little metal stools, plus tat that was more ‘shabby’ than ‘shabby chic’ ).
- Two scampering small yappy dogs.
- Freezing cold (although staff did stoke the fire when they noticed the handful of customers were still all wearing their outdoor gear).
- Served by a man apparently still wearing his PJs (slubby grey trackie bottoms).
- Cr*p food: ‘toast’ was nutritionally pointless mass-produced sliced white, pre-spread and not even redeemed by the Bonne Maman jams accompanying it.
- Awful plinky hotel/lift muzak (think Bridge Over Troubled Waters).
It was so bad, we didn’t linger, instead nipping around the corner for a coffee at McKechnie’s.’
Kiz: ‘Islay keeps giving us little ‘I love you’ drawings. This is me playing with a ball.’
Sooze: ‘Friday afterwork (as they say en España) at the recently (ish) refurbed Keys & Kitchen (formerly The Cross Keys) pub in Stratford with RSC pals celebrating Bec’s 30th birthday. After reminiscing about The Rocky Horror Show with Ivan, I was surprised to see this err, striking metre-long reference to the show in the ladies’ loo.’
Kiz: ‘Enjoying a Bellini at Harry’s Bar on a rare date with Mr B. I’m remembering our trip to Venice, Sooze. Partly because it was ACE and party because of this grumpy bugger I’m out with!’
Sooze: ‘The rest of the UK is in the midst of a blizzard. Here in Stratford, it snowed for all of five minutes. Here’s the pathetic result.’
Kiz: ‘Rehearsal for the forthcoming ‘Celebration of Stage & Screen’ event being organised by our Youth Theatre Young Leaders. Benedict Cumberbatch will be there in flatpack form, for selfies etc, and he brought his mini-me to the rehearsal too. Affectionately called, Benedict Pocketbatch.’
Sooze: ‘Giddy with excitement when I spotted this tiny snowdrop right outside my front door – yippee, it’s SPRINGTIME (almost)!’
Kiz: ‘Planning some of the decoration for a forthcoming event. Silver Screen style giant photos on the walls… this is the prototype. It’s weird piecing together someone’s face on your living room floor…’
Sooze: ‘A gift for my fellow writer Jules, who’s just turned 60. What does one writer buy for another? A notebook, obv.’